Everyone knows that, cyclically, magazine, blog and web sites dedicated to fashion to fashion world, elect their "fashion icon" of which, for some time, follow the appearances commenting, in every detail, her outfits. 2012 is, for sure, the year of the protagonist of the section dedicated to fashion icons for this month. I'm talking about Poppy Delevingne.
|Poppy Delevingne for Nails Inc|
With a statuesque physique, a perfect skin, long blond hair and style in her DNA, she starts her career as model, walking the catwalks for the most important fashion brands like Burberry, Anya Hindmarch, Paige Adams, Julien Macdonald and Mango, for which is testimonial for the f/w 2010-11 collection.
|Poppy Delevingne for Mango f/w 2010-11 campaign|
Ambassador of the British Fashion Council, she has been personally chosen by Karl Lagerfeld as international ambassador of Chanel, at which shows she is a regular. Testimonial of the wedding dress collection "Forever" by Alberta Ferretti, she captured the attention of Marc Jacobs who chose her as the new face of the Louis Vuitton's pre-fall/winter collection 2012-13.
|Poppy Delevingne for "Forever" by Alberta Ferretti|
|Poppy Delevingne for Louis Vuitton S/S 2012|
Modern, ethereal and, at the same time, attainable, Poppy Delevingne is a contemporary fashion icon. But what really make her a true fashion symbol, is knowing how to match looks and nuances, without never over do. In fact, she learned, despite her young age, to make good use of her body, paying attention, when she shows off it, to never "expose" it too much. "I think that fashion is not flaunt or show too much, but to perceive your own style and personality whispering it". Classy also in her attitude, her choices, therefore, are expression of an authentic british style, never too eccentric or bizarre, but always of effect, copied in their every details by fashionistas of whole world.
Perfect in her every public appareance, her style is, yes, super glamour, but also easy and urban, that everyone can copy. As she said, in fact, she is fashion icon "by chance" and even if she frequents the biggest fashion stores, she loves do shopping in the markets, above all Portobello and Coventgarden, always looking for a new and customized fashion.
Main characteristics of her style are:
- leggins: main elements of her style, they are a constant in her outifts, that she declines depends on her needs;
- leather jacket: another must of her wardorbe. That she wears it with a pair of skinny jeans or an elegant dress, the result is always cool;
- minidress: matched to high heels or flat shoes, she can valorise them thanks to her thin and tall physique;
- bags: that they are total black, studded or animal printed, she preferes them in the model shoulder, and uses them in every occasion: the shoppers for the morning and clutches for night;
- high heels: (even if she doesn't need) they are the highlight of her all outifts, thanks to with she can make glamour the most sporty outfit.
Here a little slideshow of some of her looks
A good girl, never over the lines, determinate and minimal at the same time: needless to say it, she doesn't make a wrong.
What do you say? Do you like her style?